Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Karthick Duraisamy Soundararaj <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/23 02:03:34 UTC

Storing and retrieving json

Hello all,
                I am facing a need to store and retrieve json string in a
field.

eg.  Imagine a schema like below.
[Please note that this is just an example but not actual specification.]

 <str name="carName" type="string" indexed="true" stored="false">
 <str name="carDescription" type="string" indexed="false" stored="false">

carDescription is a json string . An example would be
   { "model":1988 "type":"manual"}

I dont need to search on the carDescription. I want to store some json data
and retreive. When i feed json data to carDescription field through DIH,
 the response for the query is like below

   {\ "model\":1988 \"type\":\"manual\"}

All the quotes are escaped. I dont want this. I want the original
unmodified data. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Karthick

Re: Storing and retrieving json

Posted by William Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
I solved this:

To get the field in there from XMl to JSON:

EnjoY!

--
Bill Bell
billnbell@gmail.com

Re: Storing and retrieving json

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Yes, the quotes need to be escaped - since they are contained within a
quoted string, which you didn't show. That is the proper convention for
representing strings in JSON. Are you familiar with the JSON format? If not,
try XML - it won't have to represent a string as a quoted JSON string.

If you read and parse the Solr response with a JSON parser, you should get
your original JSON string value back intact. Now, you may want to do a JSON
parse of that string itself, but that has nothing to do with the Solr JSON
response itself. As you said, you wanted to store and retrieve JSON as a
string field, which Solr appears to be doing correctly.

-- Jack Krupansky