Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Daniel Gonzalez <go...@gonvaled.com> on 2013/03/08 02:09:33 UTC

Bandwidth usage of replications

Hi,

I have two replications going on between two servers. Currently no new data
is being generated, but still around 300 kbit/s are being used. Is this
expected?

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: Bandwidth usage of replications

Posted by Jens Alfke <je...@couchbase.com>.
On Mar 7, 2013, at 5:09 PM, Daniel Gonzalez <go...@gonvaled.com> wrote:

> I have two replications going on between two servers. Currently no new data
> is being generated, but still around 300 kbit/s are being used. Is this
> expected?

Not after the replicator has caught up. In the steady state the only traffic should be a single CRLF every few minutes (as a heartbeat to keep the socket of the _changes feed from timing out.)

—Jens