Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by deepanshu gupta <de...@yahoo.in> on 2014/01/27 11:17:18 UTC

MemPostingFormat For all terms in index

Hey,
Is there any way to use MemoryPosting Format for my whole index, I mean instead of specifying Codec attribute on per field basis can I specify something in my solrconfig.xml or schema.xml that will use Memory Posting Format for all indexed fields.If there is any way let me know. I know this will take lot of my memory but in my case memory issue is not there all i want is to return results as fast as possible.
Thanks.

Re: MemPostingFormat For all terms in index

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Does it work if you define it on the fieldType level as opposed to field level?

You might also look into creating your own codecFactory:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrConfigXml

Regards,
   Alex.
at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)