Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2015/10/06 23:00:46 UTC

Planning to release JCR Oak Server 1.0.0

Hi,

In preparation for the Sling 8 release, I plan to cut a release of JCR
Oak Server 1.0.0 ( first public release ).

Does anyone see something which _must_ go in the JCR Oak Server 1.0.0
release? I have nothing else to add/fix at the moment.

Thanks,

Robert

Re: Planning to release JCR Oak Server 1.0.0

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2015-10-07 at 09:20 +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 11:00 PM, Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > ...Does anyone see something which _must_ go in the JCR Oak Server
> > 1.0.0
> > release?...
>
> If all integration tests pass I have nothing to add in there at the
> moment.

Thanks for the reply. Since no one seems to need anything extra I
started the relese vote.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 11:00 PM, Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Does anyone see something which _must_ go in the JCR Oak Server 1.0.0
> release?...

If all integration tests pass I have nothing to add in there at the moment.

-Bertrand

Re: Planning to release JCR Oak Server 1.0.0

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2015-10-09 at 14:33 +0200, Oliver Lietz wrote:

> > > Do we want to upgrade Jackrabbit to latest release (2.11.1 -
> > > _unstable_) in
> > > Launchpad also?
> >
> > The oak-parent 1.3.7 pom pulls in jackrabbit 2.11.0 [1], so I
> suggest
> > with stick with the same version
>
> SLING-5133

Ah, missed that. Thanks!

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Friday 09 October 2015 12:48:39 Robert Munteanu wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-10-08 at 17:11 +0200, Oliver Lietz wrote:
> > On Wednesday 07 October 2015 00:00:46 Robert Munteanu wrote:
> > > Hi,
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > > In preparation for the Sling 8 release, I plan to cut a release of
> > > JCR
> > > Oak Server 1.0.0 ( first public release ).
> > >
> > > Does anyone see something which _must_ go in the JCR Oak Server
> > > 1.0.0
> > > release? I have nothing else to add/fix at the moment.
> >
> > we depend on Oak 1.3 which is an _unstable_ branch. A version number
> > smaller
> > 1.0.0 would have been nice therefore, but I fear it's too late.
>
> This was discussed a bit in [0], where we agreed to go with an unstable
> Oak version.
>
> However, the fact that we (still) embed an unstable oak-jcr version
> does not to me imply that that the bundle is unstable and should have a
> lower version.
>
> I guess we're entering sort of a grey area where for some a 0.x version
> sends a different signal compared to 1.0, but I don't think we'll
> clarify this right now :-)

No 8)

> > Do we want to upgrade Jackrabbit to latest release (2.11.1 -
> > _unstable_) in
> > Launchpad also?
>
> The oak-parent 1.3.7 pom pulls in jackrabbit 2.11.0 [1], so I suggest
> with stick with the same version

SLING-5133

> > Do we track Oak-related tests which are @Ignored for now?
>
> We're tracking them ( and other failing/flaky/disabled ITs ) using the
> sling-IT label, see query [2] for what the status is right now.
>
> > Is there anything Oak-related to fix/improve in jackrabbit
> > -accessmanager or
> > jackrabbit-usermanager or the sample UIs?
>
> The only fix I am aware of was done in [3] for jackrabbit
> -accessmanager.
>
> If there's anything that you see and needs attention, please let me
> know.

Thanks, Robert!

Regards,
O.