Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Elmar Christen <el...@elmartec.de> on 2001/04/17 10:29:11 UTC

xsl:value-of select="$anXPathString"

Hi there!
I am doing this odd thing with XSPs, and I need something like:
<xsl:variable name="refname">
  <xsl:value-of select="ref"/>
<xsl:variable>
<xsl:value-of>
  <xsl:value-of select="$refname"/>
</xsl:value-of>

Ok, I know, there is not such a construct, it it just an example of what
I need. The problem is: in my XML I have an attribute, which value
happens to be a XPath to an elemenyt whithin the same XML doc. Example:
<root>
<bind id="mibind" ref="/root/names/elmar"/>
</root>

and the corresponding XSL fragment is:
<xsl:variable name="refname">
  <xsl:value-of select="ref"/>
<xsl:variable>
Your name is:
<xsl:value-of>
  <xsl:value-of select="$refname"/>
</xsl:value-of>

to get me a:
Your name is Christen

Is there a cool way to solve it with XSL or XSP? Currently, I am using
Cocoon 1.8.2.

Thank You!

Re: xsl:value-of select="$anXPathString"

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
I think the cocoon don't have this feature..or I don't
know how to used that... :)

I try several time, the variable cannot be changed,
but if you used xsl:choose/xsl:when, but after the
</xsp:choose>, the value back to the orginial value..

I used java to handle this.. <xsp:logic>

Strange solution yeah..

Frans

http://auctions.yahoo.com/