Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by pdog <pe...@connectyourcare.com> on 2006/11/07 21:27:23 UTC

Session Management

Just wondering what other users have been using to manage Jackrabbit sessions
in a web application.  Currently I use the Jackrabbit JCA application to
start the repository and retrieve sessions from using an InitialContext
lookup.  I am just wondering if this is how others have been dealing with
sessions in a web application where a session could be retrieved and used at
multiple times?

The reason I ask is b/c using the JCA session I have seen problems that I
don't have when creating a session using the DummyInitialContextFactory.
Some of them include doing a load from XML, JIRA issue JCR-607,  and my most
recent problem dealing with trying to load custom nodetypes.

The web application is deployed on JBoss AS.  Just looking for ideas or
recommendations for dealing with session management.

I appreciate the help.

Pete