Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> on 2007/05/03 14:33:49 UTC

Torque 3.3-RC3

I would like to call a vote on Torque 3.3-RC3 in the near future. I
should be hopefully the last RC before final release. Is there anything
that needs to be fixed before?

Thomas F., do you want to fix the doDelete() problem or should we just
generate an Exception for the time being? (I'd suggest this based on a
short discussion with Scott and Henning)

I have the changes Henning requested with respect to the texen-tasks
sitting here on my disk, but I'm a bit reluctant to check it in as this
is really relevant for Velcity 1.5 only. Any opinions? On Velocity 1.5
perhaps?

Bye, Thomas.

Re: Torque 3.3-RC3

Posted by Sean Gilligan <se...@msgilligan.com>.
Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> I would like to call a vote on Torque 3.3-RC3 in the near future. I
> should be hopefully the last RC before final release. Is there anything
> that needs to be fixed before?

Do you think you can apply my patch for #90?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TORQUE-90

Thanks,

Sean

Re: Torque 3.3-RC3

Posted by Brendan Miller <bm...@dotster.com>.
I created TORQUE-94 for this issue, BTW.

Re: Torque 3.3-RC3

Posted by Brendan Miller <bm...@dotster.com>.

Re: Torque 3.3-RC3

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> It is not problematic to fix the doDelete()-Problem, this would take about
> half an hour or so. I am still of the opinion that it should be fixed as
> proposed, and could do it on Saturday.
> You said that you would rather like to document the error than fixing it.
> Do you strongly object the fix ?
>
> I have no opinion at all about the texen stuff. As you said, it makes no
> sense to use texen separately if we still use velocity 1.3. Do you think we
> should upgrade to 1.5 ? I recall dimly that some people reported problems
> with velocity 1.4, but I can not recall any details. Are we reasonably
> confident that these problems do not exist in velocity 1.5 any more ?

I think there was some mention of a memory leak somewhere in 1.4 that
was apparent in the way it was used by torque.

I am pretty sure this will have been addressed in velocity 1.5 - Thomas
V. can check this with Henning IRL.

I'd like to see us on 1.5 for the sake of consistency.

Scott

Re: Torque 3.3-RC3

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> It is not problematic to fix the doDelete()-Problem, this would take about
> half an hour or so. I am still of the opinion that it should be fixed as
> proposed, and could do it on Saturday.
> You said that you would rather like to document the error than fixing it.
> Do you strongly object the fix ?

Would it allow truly joined deletes such as in

DELETE tblA FROM tblA LEFT JOIN tblB ON tblA.ID = tblB.ID WHERE tblB.ID
IS NULL.

(That is: delete records from tblA where no associated record exists in
tblB, just to be clear)

If so, go ahead. If not I'd rather throw an Exception when a Criteria
with joins is provided and do it right the next time.

> I have no opinion at all about the texen stuff. As you said, it makes no
> sense to use texen separately if we still use velocity 1.3. Do you think we
> should upgrade to 1.5 ? I recall dimly that some people reported problems
> with velocity 1.4, but I can not recall any details. Are we reasonably
> confident that these problems do not exist in velocity 1.5 any more ?

I used to have no problems with Velocity 1.4. 1.5 should be better as I
understand it. I'll check it out.

Bye, Thomas.

RE: Torque 3.3-RC3

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.
It is not problematic to fix the doDelete()-Problem, this would take about
half an hour or so. I am still of the opinion that it should be fixed as
proposed, and could do it on Saturday.
You said that you would rather like to document the error than fixing it.
Do you strongly object the fix ?

I have no opinion at all about the texen stuff. As you said, it makes no
sense to use texen separately if we still use velocity 1.3. Do you think we
should upgrade to 1.5 ? I recall dimly that some people reported problems
with velocity 1.4, but I can not recall any details. Are we reasonably
confident that these problems do not exist in velocity 1.5 any more ?

    Thomas