Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by toadie D <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/03 00:19:16 UTC

[users@httpd] Sending 2+ GIG data via mod_proxy hangs Apache 2.2.3 with 100% CPU.

Environment:
   Apache 2.2.3
   Windows 2000

Config:

Apache 2.2.3 --->> mod_proxy/proxy_http --->  Tomcat 5.5.x

When a client sends via HTTP (or /S) to apache which proxies the
request to the backend Tomcat , at right around 2 GIG mark (e.g. 2 GIG
less 8K) , the Apache box started to spin up its CPU and just hangs.

We have verified that sending directly to Tomcat posed no issues.

I am wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior.

Thanks
Toadie.

Re: [users@httpd] Sending 2+ GIG data via mod_proxy hangs Apache 2.2.3 with 100% CPU.

Posted by toadie D <to...@gmail.com>.
2 GIG using HTTP Post with content-type = application/octet-stream

I am wondering if large file supports are also avail. on Windows or is
it only a Unix feature.

Thanks

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
2 gig of what, sorry?