Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Angel Ice <lb...@yahoo.fr> on 2009/09/02 16:50:46 UTC

Re : Using SolrJ with Tika

Hi Rajan.

As mentioned in my message, I don't want tu use Curl to post documents and can't use an HTTP POST (the document has already been posted to my JEE webapp for other purposes). All I can use is just java.

In fact, I'd like the user to post the document to my webapp with an HTML POST (it's a struts2 webapp).  --This is OK.
Then my webapp uses the document for its own purposes. --This is OK.
And finally the webapp send  the document to solr in order to index it.  --This is not OK.

That's what I am doing with other stuffs that I index where there is no rich document, just some simple text fields to index, like daily articles.
In this case, once my webapp has finished its job on the article (creating, saving ...), I index the title/author/... like this :
    SolrInputDocument doc = new SolrInputDocument();
    doc.addField("art_title", "foo");
    solrServer.add(doc);
    soltServer.commit();

I'm looking for a way to do the same thing for rich document, once my webapp has finished its job with the document.

Regards,

Laurent

________________________________
De : rajan chandi <ch...@gmail.com>
À : solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Envoyé le : Mercredi, 2 Septembre 2009, 16h13mn 22s
Objet : Re: Using SolrJ with Tika

Laurent,

Check-out Solr 1.4.

You can download the trunk and Build it on your box.

The Solr 1.4 does this out-of-the-box. No configuration required.

You can use HTTP POST to post the document using some Linux utility like
Curl and the PDF/Word/RTF/PPT/XLS etc. will be indexed. We tested this last
week.

Tika has already been included in Solr 1.4.

Cheers
Rajan

Re: Re : Using SolrJ with Tika

Posted by rajan chandi <ch...@gmail.com>.
I have not used these APIs but Actually, You don't need CURL to POST the
document to Solr.
You can execute an HTTP POST using only Java.

http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=62798

You might want to look at SolrInputDocument.

No matter what mechanism you may use to post the document. The point is that
Solr 1.4 sounds to handle this OOTB.

Regards
Rajan