Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Medha <bh...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/13 20:22:19 UTC

Serializable class 'GenericMessage' not available to broker

Hi,

I am fairly new to ActiveMQ and I have installed the 5.8.0 version on my
local machine.   I am then trying to send messages using Spring Integration
framework.  I keep getting the below error :

javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body from content. Serializable
class not available to broker. Reason: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.integration.message.GenericMessage in ActiveMQ installation

Any help on resolving the above is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Serializable class 'GenericMessage' not available to broker

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like Spring Integration might be trying to send as an Object message
and send in its GenericMessage object. This will not be on the classpath of
ActiveMQ. You'd need to make sure it's on the classpath of both producers
and consumers. Or, don't use Object messages (preferred). Might have to ask
the spring guys about your spring integration configuration.

--
*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog