Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2002/12/10 19:41:54 UTC

[CONCURRENT] manifest question

Berin Loritsch wrote:

>>From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]
>>
>>Based on the build file there appear to be the following dependencies.

<snip>

>>  util-concurrent                              1.3.1 no manifest
>>

>This is Doug Lea's concurrent stuff--It is released.
>I just provided a convenience Jar.

Is there are chance that we can get this jar updated to include a proper
manifest in which it declares itself as an extension package with an
interface and implemetation version?

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL
digital products for a global economy
mailto:mcconnell@osm.net
http://www.osm.net

RE: [CONCURRENT] manifest question

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@citi-us.com>.
> From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]
>
> Is there are chance that we can get this jar updated to
> include a proper
> manifest in which it declares itself as an extension package with an
> interface and implementation version?

Unfortunately, Doug distributes the JAR in a less than
convenient manner.

We can throw together a package that merely builds his
JAR and adds the manifest info.  He does not provide
a compiled JAR, nor does he provide manifest information
or even a build script.  In regards to building it, YOYO
(You're On Your Own).

It is the basis for the new JDK 1.5 threading mechanisms,
so in the future we will not have to worry about it.  For
now, it is a pain.