Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Tuukka Arola <tu...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/28 13:47:52 UTC

DataSource deployment in TomEE+

Hi,

We're currently working with a SOA system and are evaluating TomEE+ as the
main deployment platform for this. We're currently using Weblogic 11g, but
are about to change the PF.

We're deploying services etc. as ear files. There is a requirement that we
should be able to bring new functionality to a running system as services
or applications. This means that we should be able to deploy new ear and
war files, and associate them to resources such as datasources runtime.
This brings me to my questions:

Is it possible to create a new datasource in TomEE+ without having to
restart the container, i.e adding it to tomee.xml -file?
How about undeploying the datasources?
Is the ear deploy/undeploy cycle in TomEE+ that mature that it can be
trusted not to leak resources, and to work well over an extended period of
time?

In our product, we cannot afford any unneeded pf restarts because of long
business processes.

Thanks,
Tuukka

Re: DataSource deployment in TomEE+

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

i think you can deploy a resources.xml (without java archive packaging) but
i'm not sure you can undeploy them (you can redefine them if you use the
same name but it was not really designed to be used this way) -- need to be
checked (probably after the release since these days are really busy)

*Romain Manni-Bucau*
*Twitter: @rmannibucau*