Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pavel Yermolenko <py...@sunrise.ch> on 2015/03/27 20:00:31 UTC

can't access to Manager Application in Eclipse

Hello,

After "activating" of management accounts in tomcat-users.xml I still can't
access to "Manager App" page (please see extract from tomcat-users.xml
below).

Once the server stoped/run, the login window doesn't appear when clicking on
"Manager App", but instead error window "403 Access denied".

Thanks in advance

Pavel

Extract from tomcat-users.xml:

  <role rolename="tomcat"/>

  <role rolename="role1"/>

  <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>

  <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>

  <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>

---

RE: can't access to Manager Application in Eclipse

Posted by Pavel Yermolenko <py...@sunrise.ch>.
I forgot to mention that I added manager-gui role, but it didn't help - login window doesn't appear.
Here is extract from tomcat-users.xml:

	<role rolename="manager-gui"/>
	<user username="tomcat" password="s3cret" roles="manager-gui"/>

Posted by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Eldon Olmstead <el...@newnet.com>.

Posted by Pavel Yermolenko <py...@sunrise.ch>.
Hello Mark,

1st, I progressed a little in my investigations.

After I closed/rerun Eclipse, problem with Login window disappeared – now it appears when I click on "ManagerA App", but username/password issue still persists.

Hopefully you meant 8.0.20

Of course

A couple of things come to mind: …

1st point - Edit the Eclipse version … here I didn't properly understand what you mean

Concerning 3rd point I've tried it … without success

Where [workspace] is your workspace (C:\Users\[username]\workspace)

Here (specified during installation):

C:\Users\Pavel\Documents\EclipseWork

I thought, changing the default location don't pose a problem

Regards

Pavel.

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

> [...]

   files
3. Switch locations to [workspace]/Servers/[server-name] and edit files
   there

Where [workspace] is your workspace (C:\Users\[username]\workspace)

I'm thinking that choice 3 is the easiest, and most manageable.

Again, I'm mostly a NetBeans user, which uses a default Tomcat
installation and the default ant tasks to manage Tomcat.

. . . just my two cents
/mde/

---

RE: can't access to Manager Application in Eclipse

> After "activating" of management accounts in tomcat-users.xml I still
> can't access to "Manager App" page (please see extract from
> tomcat-users.xml below).

Care to tell us the _exact_ Tomcat version you're using?  Also the JRE
level, the platform you're running on, and the specific URI used when trying

attachments from all computers.

---

RE: can't access to Manager Application in Eclipse

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.