Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Sreejith K <sr...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/07 18:12:36 UTC

MapReduce with Hypertable using Python

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to use MapReduce with Hypertable using Hadoop
Streaming. How can I pass Hypertable data to the MapReduce framework using
Python as HadoopStreaming only supports text input ? I also need to apply
some filters (GQL like) to the Hypertable cells. How can I pass these
filters to the mapper program ?

Thanks and Regards,

Sreejith K
Developer,
Virtualization and Cloud Computing
K 7 - C O M P U T I N G
http://www.k7computing.com
http://fluidvm.com

Re: MapReduce with Hypertable using Python

Posted by Doug Judd <do...@zvents.com>.
Hi Sreejith,

This question is better targeted at the Hypertable mailing list (
http://groups.google.com/group/hypertable-user).  We're currently working on
better MapReduce support for Hypertable.  It will be available in the
upcoming release (0.9.2.8) which should be out in a couple of weeks.

- Doug