Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Thomas Boehne <TB...@ADwin.de> on 2007/04/02 11:57:19 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] UseCanonicalName off does not behave as expected

Thomas Boehne wrote:
> But even after setting UseCanonicalName to off I still have the same
> problem. Shouldn't apache redirect to http://1.2.3.4/foo/ now? Am I
> missing something obvious? I am not using VirtualHosts, the
> http.conf is basically the default file with some lines added for
> mod_php4.

The problem was caused by a browser that cached the permanent redirect and
redirected to the wrong page without querying apache, even after forcing
complete reloads of the website. I thought that I did restart the browser
during my tests, but the problem did not go away. Anyway, after the weekend I
started debugging the problem and it was definitely gone.
Strange. Sorry for the noise.

Best regards
Thomas Böhne

* Jäger Computergesteuerte Messtechnik GmbH
* Thomas Böhne
* Rheinstraße 2-4
* 64653 Lorsch, Germany
* http://www.ADwin.de
* Phone: +49 (6251) 9632-0                  Fax: +49 (6251) 56819