Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tirumal Reddy Moolamalla <t....@zensar.com> on 2011/01/12 06:44:21 UTC

Maven Repository - Handling configuration Files

Hi,

I have a doubt regarding distributing configuration files which needs to be deployed in application server. But these files needs to be separated from the web achieve. I am publishing the web archive and other artifacts to remote repository, from where I am picking up and deploying them to application server.

I don't want to go for creation of maven assembly and packing things together. Please suggest me if there are any other approaches

Regards,
Tirumal Reddy M

Re: Maven Repository - Handling configuration Files

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Cargo can't use the zip directly. But you should be able to get it to work
by using the dependency-plugin and extract the content of the archive first.

/Anders

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tirumal Reddy Moolamalla <t....@zensar.com>.
Thanks Wayne,

If I do this and create a new ".zip" or some other artifact for my configuration files, is it possible to deploy this by extracting the config files to specific location using Cargo plugin?

Regards,
Tirumal Reddy M

> I don't want to go for creation of maven assembly and packing things
> together. Please suggest me if there are any other approaches

There is nothing stopping you from making another Maven project that
only contains your config files (in src/main/resources, perhaps) and
then publishing that to the remote repo, then picking them up and
unpacking (unjar/unzip) them to use in your app servers directly. This
would not involve the assembly plugin or any non-standard approach.

Why do you have a doubt about this?

Wayne

Re: Maven Repository - Handling configuration Files

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.