Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Sokol, Eleanor" <El...@bmc.com> on 2001/08/09 18:21:53 UTC

Entities with no references

It appears that when I have an ENTITY but there is no reference to the
entity, XERCES-J does not create a TEXT node to contain the text value
associated with the entity.

For instance: !ENTITY UserName "myUserName"
but there is no &UserName later in the document.

Is there a way to force XERCES-J to create the TEXT node all the time even
when there is no reference?  I can get the first node and its name
(UserName) but when I try to get the first child node, XERCES-J returns
null.  It works fine if there is a reference.

Thanks in advance for the help.