Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Wayne Keenan <wa...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/05 17:13:07 UTC

Re: Directory re-org in develop

Hiya,

The OIC and OCF to which you refer, is it this?:
https://openconnectivity.org/resources/specifications

All the best
Wayne

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@apache.org>.
Yep.  That\u2019s the one - Marko and Paul are working this.

Marko just moved it into net/oic.  Paul/Marko have taken iotivity
constrained and plumbed it into Mynewt.

mgmt/mgmt is now the generic system interface to management APIs to
return data.  These APIs return responses as key-value pairs, that can
either be encoded in JSON or CBOR.

mgmt/newtmgr is the existing newtmgr protocol, and the newtmgr facade
runs over this.  newtmgr is smaller in code size than oic, but is very
mynewt specific as a transport technology.

mgmt/oicmgr is the mgmt/mgmt handlers transported over the OIC/OCF
implementation referenced below.

NOTE: for OIC, Marko/Paul haven\u2019t don\u2019t include 6low/IPSP/DTLS over
BLE, but rather just assume we\u2019re going to run CoAP natively over the
GATT transport, at least by default (and to start with, it may make
sense to have this option later.)  There is a WG in OIC underway that is
looking to standardize this approach - as BLE packets are a little small
to justify the full IP/DTLS payload.

Sterling