Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Benedict simon <si...@kmun.gov.kw> on 2008/06/13 13:17:32 UTC

[users@httpd] have a query with mod_perl

Dear All,

im a novice to apache
i have CentOS 5 server running Apache 2.2.3 .
i would like to know my apache is compiled with mod_perl. since
apache was installed when i installed Centos 5

and if apache not compiled with mod perl how could i have apache complied
with mod_perl

apprecite n thnks in advance

regards

simon

--
Network ADMIN
-------------

believed to be clean.

Re: [users@httpd] have a query with mod_perl

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Benedict simon wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> im a novice to apache
> i have CentOS 5 server running Apache 2.2.3 .
> i would like to know my apache is compiled with mod_perl. since
> apache was installed when i installed Centos 5
>
> and if apache not compiled with mod perl how could i have apache complied
> with mod_perl

As far as I know, you do not need to compile Apacxhe with mod_perl.  You
can install mod_perl a posteriori.  I guess CentOS is a form of Linux
(sorry, I really don't know), and in that case there is probably a
mod_perl package that you can just install if needed.
And, depending on the package manager of the system, it may even install
perl itself if it isn't there yet.

The easiest way to see if your Apache has mod_perl (not only that
mod_perl is there, but also that it is being loaded when starting
Apache) is probably to look in the Apache error log for the initial
lines appearing when Apache is started.
If mod_perl is loaded, it will show something like this :

[Sun Apr 20 23:18:27 2008] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) DAV/2
mod_jk/1.2.18 PHP/4.4.4-8+etch4 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c
mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/v5.8.8 configured -- resuming normal operations

(notice the mod_perl part).
If mod_perl isn't loaded, it won't mention mod_perl.

André