Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sachin Kolpuke <sa...@in2m.com> on 2007/08/29 11:29:34 UTC

UnsupportedEncodingException "UTF-8"

Dear All;
             Please help me to resolve the error "UnsupportedEncodingException".

I am posting an xml request to a server,

	HttpClient client = new HttpClient(url);
	String response = client.post(xmlString);

The server gives response in the format of "UTF-8".  OfBiz gives following error on line number 2nd.

java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException: "UTF-8"
	at sun.io.Converters.getConverterClass(Converters.java:215)
	at sun.io.Converters.newConverter(Converters.java:248)
	at sun.io.ByteToCharConverter.getConverter(ByteToCharConverter.java:64)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.<init>(StreamDecoder.java:223)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.<init>(StreamDecoder.java:209)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.forInputStreamReader(StreamDecoder.java:76)
	at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:83)
	at org.ofbiz.base.util.HttpClient.sendHttpRequest(HttpClient.java:317)
	at org.ofbiz.base.util.HttpClient.post(HttpClient.java:197)
	at SimpleHttpClient.main(SimpleHttpClient.java:39)

Thanks and Regards;
Sachin

Re: UnsupportedEncodingException "UTF-8"

Posted by Gautam Deb <ga...@gmail.com>.
This error is indicating that your application needs to convert character
data from/to a different encoding. You have to include some jars in the
project explicitly. Check whether *charsets.jar* or* i18n.jar* is in your
CLASSPATH.

Best Regards,
Gautam Deb

--
Best Regards,
<iframe frameborder=1 width=600 height=200

</iframe>