Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by "Mahadevan, Venkat" <ve...@mitre.org> on 2012/03/08 16:58:25 UTC

[PROPOSAL] - Rave-Shindig Reorganization

Hi All

We are working on a project internally that uses the Rave code base. Currently we overlay rave-shindig and override the rave.shindig.properties file. Going forward we would like to implement the interfaces in rave-shindig for some of the features like  findFriends, findAllConnectedPeople etc. The current overlay structure is hindering us from implementing these features. So I would to put forward this proposal for refactoring the current rave-shindig and rave-providers structures which would allow anyone to implement the shindig changes.

The new structure would look like this:

…
rave-portal-dependencies
…
rave-providers
rave-opensocial-provider
rave-opensocial-core
rave-opensocial-client
rave-opensocial-server
rave-shindig-resources
rave-shindig-dependencies
rave-shindig

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks
Venkat

Re: [PROPOSAL] - Rave-Shindig Reorganization

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com>.
On 8 March 2012 16:58, Mahadevan, Venkat <ve...@mitre.org> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> We are working on a project internally that uses the Rave code base.
> Currently we overlay rave-shindig and override the rave.shindig.properties
> file. Going forward we would like to implement the interfaces in
> rave-shindig for some of the features like  findFriends,
> findAllConnectedPeople etc.

Interesting features. Can't they become a part of the default Rave stack?

Jasha