Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Andreas Joseph Krogh <an...@officenet.no> on 2009/08/24 18:42:27 UTC

2.1.8?

I know I'm nagging...

Now how about that 2.1.8-GA?
Any issues left to be resolved or are we waiting for the xwork-2.1.6 "again"?

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <an...@officenet.no>
Senior Software Developer / CTO

Re: 2.1.8?

Posted by Andreas Joseph Krogh <an...@officenet.no>.
On Monday 24 August 2009 07:34:57 pm Wes Wannemacher wrote:
> I can do it, no problem, except people.apache.org is still down, so I
> wouldn't expect any movement until infra gets that figured out.
>
> http://monitoring.apache.org/status/

It's up now...

Sv: Re: 2.1.8?

Posted by Andreas Joseph Krogh <an...@officenet.no>.
På tirsdag 25. august 2009 kl 18:23:04 skrev du:
> is Struts still pointing to xwork 2.1.5-SNAPSHOT? That might be a
> problem because the xwork version was already bumped to
> 2.1.6-SNAPSHOT.

Struts' trunk definitely points to 2.1.6-SNAPSHOT and has been for a while.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <an...@officenet.no>
Senior Software Developer / CEO

RE: 2.1.8?

Posted by Security Management <li...@secmgmt.com>.
Thanks!

One more thing, is there any way to see (in detail) where tests are failing?

Re: 2.1.8?

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
Don't worry, we've all been there, I'm just happy to see that you want
to help out!

-Wes

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Security
Management<li...@secmgmt.com> wrote:
> OK, I'll take a stab at it, and if I get stuck, let the list know.  I'm
> trying to learn as I go, so it might take awhile...

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

RE: 2.1.8?

Posted by Security Management <li...@secmgmt.com>.

Re: 2.1.8?

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
I could be wrong, but when I first looked at this, I remembered a time
when maybe this plugin didn't take OGNL parameters? If that's the
case, this is probably just a remnant. You might want to switch around
the logic a little bit in your patch so that height/weight can be set
as OGNL params, and then you pull the values out as Longs when you set
them on the rendered chart... (or however you want to do it).

You can probably check your new patch by adding a getMyHeight and
getMyWidth to an action and see if you can use them as OGNL properties
to set on the result (i.e. -

<param name="height">${myHeight}</param>

I can't remember all of the conversion rules, but I'm pretty sure that
test was added when the params were made OGNL aware.

-Wes

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Security
Management<li...@secmgmt.com> wrote:
> OK, going through the tests for the jfreechart plugin, I see this:
>
> result.setHeight("${myHeight}");
> result.setWidth("${myWidth}");
>
> ValueStack stack = ActionContext.getContext().getValueStack();
> stack.set("myHeight", 250);
> stack.set("myWidth", 150);
>
> I get that it's testing that the result is picking the values up off of the
> value stack.
>
> However, the methods in the plugin setWidth(Long x) take Longs, so this does
> not even compile.
>
> How is that?

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

RE: 2.1.8?

RE: 2.1.8?

Posted by Security Management <li...@secmgmt.com>.
It is, I just ran into that.  I just faked maven out, and it seemed to work
for the plugin I was building.

Re: 2.1.8?

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

RE: 2.1.8?

Posted by Security Management <li...@secmgmt.com>.
OK, that's my first shot (the diff is attached).

Hopefully it does not suck too bad.  Thanks for the help, works great for me
now.

Mike.

Re: 2.1.8?

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
I prefer to build it... As long as struts and xwork are still
separate, I keep a copy of xwork's sources sitting really close to
struts' sources.

To build xwork, just check it out and 'mvn clean install' it ->

svn co http://svn.opensymphony.com/svn/xwork/trunk xwork
cd xwork
mvn clean install

Then, you can build struts2 w/o problems.

-Wes

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Security
Management<li...@secmgmt.com> wrote:
> OK, I've got it fixed for 2.1.6, and I'm trying to build the one that ships
> with the source snapshot first, before making my changes.
>
> I get:
>
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) com.opensymphony:xwork-core:jar:2.1.5-SNAPSHOT
>
>  Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>  Then, install it using the command:
>      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.opensymphony
> -DartifactId=xwork-core \
>          -Dversion=2.1.5-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
>
>  Path to dependency:
>        1) org.apache.struts:struts2-jfreechart-plugin:jar:2.1.8-SNAPSHOT
>        2) org.apache.struts:struts2-core:jar:2.1.8-SNAPSHOT
>        3) com.opensymphony:xwork-core:jar:2.1.5-SNAPSHOT
>
> ----------
> 1 required artifact is missing.
>
> for artifact:
>  org.apache.struts:struts2-jfreechart-plugin:jar:2.1.8-SNAPSHOT
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository),
>  __jpp_repo__ (file:///usr/share/maven2/repository),
>  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>
> I can follow those instructions, but do I need to build xwork-core, or can I
> just use the pre-built one?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike.

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

RE: 2.1.8?

Posted by Security Management <li...@secmgmt.com>.

Re: 2.1.8?

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.

RE: 2.1.8?

Posted by Security Management <li...@secmgmt.com>.

Re: 2.1.8?

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.

>>> http://www.lenart.org.pl/
>>> http://dailylog.lenart.org.pl/

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

RE: 2.1.8?

Posted by Security Management <li...@secmgmt.com>.

Re: 2.1.8?

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
If I remember correctly, Rainer went through and marked a few issues
in XWork's JIRA. Just cruise through there and see what you can do. If
you attach a patch to one of the issues, you can probably post back
here or email me directly and we'll either commit it or give you some
feedback. Contributing is pretty easy, but there are a few general
rules we like to follow - 1. spaces not tabs, 2. make sure you create
a unit test if possible (so that bugs don't get inadvertently
reintroduced). 3. Try not to introduce new dependencies.

-Wes

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Arthur Neves<ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, I have some spare time too, if you want some help! I'm new in community
> but I can help you with some minor issues.
>

> Regards
> Arthur Nogueira Neves.
>
> 2009/8/25 Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>
>
>> 2009/8/25 Rainer Hermanns <he...@aixcept.de>:
>> > If someone got some minutes, there are some minor issues
>> > open in xwork and any help with those would be great.
>>
>> I have some time (I'm giving up for a moment with Container stuff ;-),
>> please assign them to me and I take a look.
>>

>> Regards
>> --
>> Lukasz
>> http://www.lenart.org.pl/
>> http://dailylog.lenart.org.pl/

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

Re: 2.1.8?

Posted by Arthur Neves <ar...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.1.8?

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

Re: 2.1.8?

Posted by Moises Trovo <mo...@gmail.com>.
I know it's a little too late but I can help you guys.
What issues do you think are the most important for this release?

---
Moises Trovo.

Re: 2.1.8?

Posted by Rainer Hermanns <he...@aixcept.de>.
Hi,

Re: 2.1.8?

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
I can do it, no problem, except people.apache.org is still down, so I
wouldn't expect any movement until infra gets that figured out.

http://monitoring.apache.org/status/

In addition to xwork 2.1.6, I'd also like to get struts-master
released so that we aren't sitting on changes up there as well.

-Wes

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Musachy Barroso<mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> yup. when xwork is released, and if nobody messed anything up
> (/rolls_eyes), then we can build 2.1.8. @Wes, are you going to take
> care of 2.1.8?
>
> musachy
>
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Andreas Joseph
> Krogh<an...@officenet.no> wrote:
>> I know I'm nagging...
>>
>> Now how about that 2.1.8-GA?
>> Any issues left to be resolved or are we waiting for the xwork-2.1.6 "again"?
>>
>> --
>> Andreas Joseph Krogh <an...@officenet.no>
>> Senior Software Developer / CTO
>> ------------------------+---------------------------------------------+
>> OfficeNet AS            | The most difficult thing in the world is to |
>> Rosenholmveien 25       | know how to do a thing and to watch         |
>> 1414 Trollåsen          | somebody else doing it wrong, without       |
>> NORWAY                  | comment.                                    |
>> Tlf:    +47 24 15 38 90 |                                             |
>> Fax:    +47 24 15 38 91 |                                             |
>> Mobile: +47 909  56 963 |                                             |

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

Re: 2.1.8?