Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2004/07/13 17:19:25 UTC

[general] Multidoc of Commons

Here's the latest multidoc of Commons.

http://jakarta.apache.org/~bayard/multidoc/commons-multidoc/

It's intended to be released stuff only, but quite likely that cvs-head
documents have found their way in as that will take a bit of organization.

Xref, Xref-Test and JCoverage are supported ('Test Coverage'), but as
Clover do things in a weird way, that's not supported yet.

This is merely a wrapper on top of the live Commons javadoc. 304K for the
whole thing :) It will still need some updating when new versions are
released as package changes and name changes will affect it. Mainly it's
the fact we have the version in the name that forces it to be kept up to
date.

Hen

Re: [general] Multidoc of Commons

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
It scrapes them from the heading of the javadoc :) I was striving for
maximum independence from maven/ant/gump or any other religion.

Sadly, javadoc is a pain in the arse. For projects that are
single-packaged, it generates a stunted version, and in that case I only
have the package name to use as a name. I wonder if we can generate full
javadoc at all.

Hen

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
This really reflects how much our project naming needs to be made more
consistent. Those Project names are just all over the board:

Projects
Bean Introspection Utilities (Version 1.6.1)
org.apache.commons.cli
Codec 1.2
Collections 3.1 release
Daemon 1.0
Commons DBCP 1.2.1
Digester - XML to Java Object Configuration (Version 1.5)
Service Discovery
JSP 2.0 Expression Language Implementation (Version 1.0)
org.apache.commons.fileupload
HttpClient 2.0
IO 1.0
JXPath 1.1