Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1995/10/03 14:00:52 UTC

Re: Remove Catalog Registration

> Text item:
>
> Randy,
>
> I've been trying to reach you in person to understand why The Apache
> Group doesn't want to participate.  I received your request after we
> had frozen the code, so The Apache Group is listed in the first rev
> that we published today, however I can remove your listing when we do
> the next update a week from now.

Please remove the listing at your first opportunity.

> The objective of the directory is to make it easy for end users to
> access information about Intel architecture-based internet solutions.
> The directory encourages users to visit your web site to learn more.
>
> I hope you will reconsider.  Can you please help me understand The
> Apache Group's concerns.

The group has a problem with the legal agreement that is thrust upon
us *after* the inclusion of the information. Quite honestly, an unfunded
and volunteer project has little to gain from your listings. On the
other hand, Intel has *something* to gain by having a complete listing.

Given the litigous history of Intel, Intel's current charges against
Randal Schwartz (many of us are Perl programmers) and your legal
requirements to be included in your catalog, we elect not to be listed.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Randy Terbush
The Apache HTTP Project