Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org> on 2001/05/01 21:22:42 UTC

Re: Apache rollup tree

Not sure if this made it to the list first time, sorry if it's a resend.

Well, it seems we can get a start on laying out and tagging a release
inside httpd-proxy cvs module so it's ready to reintegrate or
redistribute in a simple manner. We do a lot of this part anyway in
order to build/test httpd with the proxy.

We've also got two or three other bits (the 1.3 patches) that need to
get a rational distribution scheme. Also some repackaging, a small patch
and small tar file are better than the one giant patch. But it makes
sense to redistribute the 1.3 proxy this way, too.

My general thoughts of what to do are:

1) tag releases of httpd subprojects intended for release with the
tagname
    that httpd uses for the same release (simplifies CVS assembly of src)

2) packaged release drops go into a subdir named by the httpd release
they go
    with; i.e., httpd, so httpd-proxy/stable/apache-1.3.20 or
    httpd-proxy/stable/httpd-2.0.

On Monday, April 30, 2001, at 12:41 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> [...]

Chuck Murcko
Topsail Group
http://www.topsail.org/