Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by adeelmahmood <ad...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/14 23:56:43 UTC

too often delta imports performance effect

we are trying to setup solr for a website where data gets updated pretty
frequently and I want to have those changes reflected in solr indexes sooner
than nighly delta-imports .. so I am thinking we will probably want to set
it up to have delta imports running every 15 mins or so .. and solr search
will obviously be in use while this is going on .. first of all does solr
works well with adding new data or updating existing data while people are
doing searches in it
secondly are these delta imports are gonna cause any significant performance
degradation in solr search
any help is appreciated

Re: too often delta imports performance effect

Posted by Nick Jenkin <nj...@gmail.com>.
Yes, the old data will show until there has been a commit executed. 50
docs isn't many so you should be fine
-Nick

Posted by adeelmahmood <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Høydahl / Cominvent <ja...@cominvent.com>.