Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Scott Chapman <sc...@mischko.com> on 2002/06/04 21:55:58 UTC

Can't call method "connection" on an undefined value.

I have Apache 1.3.24 (RH7.3 - compiled it myself with ModPerl 1.27) and
EmbPerl 2.0b7.  ModPerl make test worked after I got current perl modules
installed for relevant parts.  Now when I run my web server and load a page, I
get the error Can't call method "connection" on an undefined value at line 15
which follows.  It appears that something is wrong with modperl but I'm not
sure what.  Is this related to Apache::SessionX configuration or something
else?

if (!defined $req_rec -> connection -> user) {....}

TIA!
Scott

Re: Can't call method "connection" on an undefined value.

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> I have Apache 1.3.24 (RH7.3 - compiled it myself with ModPerl 1.27) and
> EmbPerl 2.0b7.  ModPerl make test worked after I got current perl modules
> installed for relevant parts.  Now when I run my web server and load a
page, I
> get the error Can't call method "connection" on an undefined value at line
15
> which follows.  It appears that something is wrong with modperl but I'm
not
> sure what.  Is this related to Apache::SessionX configuration or something
> else?
>
> if (!defined $req_rec -> connection -> user) {....}

Are you using Embperl::Object. Somebody has reported to me that there is a
problem with $req_rec in the base template in 2.0b7, but I didn't had the
time to take a closer look at it. Try

if (!defined Apache -> request -> connection -> user) {....}

Does this work?

Gerald