Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sc...@asia.com on 2010/06/25 10:12:02 UTC

XML DataImportHandler copy + rezise pictures in localhost?

 Hi,

I'm adding documents to Solr via XML files and DataImportHandler.

In the XML file i've got some product picture links:

<picture>
        <picture_url>http://www.example.com/pic.jpg</picture_url>
</picture>

I would like to keep a local thumb of these picture in local server in order to avoid long external loading time.

Example:

Original picture:
http://www.example.com/pic.jpg is 800x600px

==> conversion

Local picture:

http://localhost/pic.jpg in 100x100px

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for your help.

Marc

Re: XML DataImportHandler copy + rezise pictures in localhost?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Marc,

Why not use http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php to generate thumbnails separately from document indexing?

Otis
----

I'm adding documents to Solr via XML files and
> DataImportHandler.

In the XML file i've got some product picture
> links:

<picture>

> <picture_url>
> >http://www.example.com/pic.jpg</picture_url>
</picture>

> would like to keep a local thumb of these picture in local server in order to
> avoid long external loading time.

Example:

Original picture:

> >http://www.example.com/pic.jpg is 800x600px