Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Andrea Perez <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/30 21:59:53 UTC

What is the difference between trackingIdnumber, trackingNumber and trackingCode ?

Hi, i want to develop a service to send the tracking number of the shipment
automatically to the client. I am using a custom shipment method.
But, i really don't know where to put the tracking number of the package
given to me.
I put it on the trackingNumber of the orderItemShipGroup entity, or the
trackingCode in the ShipmentPackageRouteSeg entity or in the
trackingIdNumber in the entity ShipmentRouteSegment?

All of those fields are the same?
I am seeing that the order view screen the client can see the trackingNumber
stored in the orderItemShipGroup entity. But there are no service updating
that value. Is this a deprecated field?

Witch field its the correct one?

Re: What is the difference between trackingIdnumber, trackingNumber and trackingCode ?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I will not get into details, just wanted to say that there is actually a service for updating OrderItemShipGroup.trackingNumber
Not too surprinsgly its name is updateTrackingNumber

If you don't need ShipmentPackageRouteSeg or/and ShipmentRouteSegment then it's the one to go with. Those are when you also handle
details of route shipment

Jacques