Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2015/04/09 15:13:41 UTC

giraph (158 secs) vs hama (223 secs) on 300M edges graph

Just FYI, I tested giraph using same input data on 2 node cluster.
Tests are not enough yet but Hama is slightly slow.

The main reason is that hama's graph job consists of two multi
jobs:graph pre-partitioning and computing (I/O usage between jobs and
launching overheads).

If possible, I'll fix this issue before release 0.7. :)

Thanks.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon

RE: giraph (158 secs) vs hama (223 secs) on 300M edges graph

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@samsung.com>.
Same JSON format 300M edgea graph, 20 tasks: Hama 115.808 seconds, Giraph 139
secconds

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon

With changes of HAMA-946 [1], the final comparation is:

Hama (160.696 seconds) and Giraph (158 seconds), right?

Thanks!

1 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-946

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@samsung.com>.
Work in progress. I guess we can save more time by doing initial vertex
computations during load vertices into memory and converting records using
thread.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon

Posted by JĂșlio Pires <ju...@gmail.com>.