Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stephen Smithstone <st...@btinternet.com> on 2002/05/20 22:45:38 UTC

cocoon confustion again going insane now -- sorry for being a dumb ass but i need help please

I appericated that , but guess what its not workin :/

so i have enclosed both my projects sitemap.xmap and the cocoon
sitemap.xmap

i created a src dir under /var/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/lnxserv where i
put the projects sitemap.xmap

heres the sitemap.xmap for that

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
        <map:components>
                <map:generators default="file"/>
                <map:transformers default="xslt"/>
                <map:readers default="resource"/>
                <map:serializers default="html"/>
                <map:matchers default="wildcard"/>
                <map:selectors default="browser"/>
        </map:components>

        <map:pipelines>
                <map:pipeline>
                        <map:match pattern="">
                                <map:redirect-to uri="index.html" />
                        </map:match>
                        <map:match pattern=*.html">
                                <map:read src="{1}.html"
mime-type="text/html" />
                        </map:match>
                </map:pipeline>
        </map:pipelines>
</map:sitemap>

and at the bottom of the cocoon site map i have added

in between the
<map:pipelines>
	<map:pipeline>

	.. Other cocoon stuff already there

	<map:match pattern="lnxserv/**">
		<map:mount check-reload="yes" src="lnxserv/" uri-prefix="lnxservr" />
	</map:match>
</map:pipelines>

then when i got to localhost:8080/cocoon/lnxserv - nothing appears

in the cocoons site map do i have define another
<map:pipeline></map:pipeline> to contain just my new apps stuff or can i
just have then contained by the main ones

also i keep restarting tomcat i supppose thats correct

is there any thing i need to change in the cocoon.xconf file i changed
the <sitemap check-reload="yes" file="sitemap.xmap" logger="sitemap"
reload-method="synchron" /> where the reload-method use to be asynchron

i running on port 8080 please have a look and see if u can spot the
errors

im u running tomcat 4.0 binary version , java jdk 1.3.1_01 and the
latest cocoon2.0.2 binary version

RE: cocoon confustion again going insane now -- sorry for being a dumbass but i need help please

Posted by Conal Tuohy <co...@paradise.net.nz>.
Stephen I notice you have a mis-match between the pattern in your
<map:match> element and the url-prefix in your <map:mount> element.
"lnxserv" != "lnxservr"

	<map:match pattern="lnxserv/**">
		<map:mount check-reload="yes" src="lnxserv/" uri-prefix="lnxservr" />
	</map:match>

HTH!

Con