Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2004/05/19 15:09:09 UTC

META turbine:inplace goal

Hi,

there is a stray

     <attainGoal name="eclipse"/>

in there. Did this just slip in or is it intentional?

	Regards
		Henning

"Fighting for one's political stand is an honourable action, but re-
                                    Open Source Software Development"

Re: META turbine:inplace goal

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com> writes:

>I added that..  I use it to build my Eclipse configuration for when running
>Tomcat inside of Eclipse..  I actually need to patch it to only call the
>goal when the eclipse files have gotton out of date..

One of the major problems of maven is, that there is no "register with
plugin task <xxx>" facility. You have lots and lots of plugins but
instead of ending up with a hugely complicated ant-build.xml as we did
in the good old days, we end up with a hugely complicated
maven-maven.xml and quite a few more bugs than ant has. :-/

Can you squash this with a postGoal in your maven.xml ? Basically a

<postGoal name="turbine:deploy">
  attainGoal="eclipse"/>
</postGoal>

should work, shouldn't it?

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
I added that..  I use it to build my Eclipse configuration for when running
Tomcat inside of Eclipse..  I actually need to patch it to only call the
goal when the eclipse files have gotton out of date..

Eric