Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Pranav Prakash <pr...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/01 07:18:47 UTC

Re: Solr Incremental Indexing

There could be multiple ways of getting this done, and the exact one depends
a lot on factors like - what system are you using? How realtime the change
has to be reflected back into the system? How is the indexing/replication
done?

Usually, in cases where the tolerance is about 6hrs (i.e. your DB change
wont be reflected in Solr Index for as high as 6hrs), you can set up a cron
job to be triggered every 6 hrs. It will see all the changes made between
that time, and update Index and commit it.

In cases, where a more real time requirement, there could be a trigger in
the application (and not at the db level), which would fork a process to
update Solr about this change by means of delayed task. If using this
approach, it is suggested to use autocommit every N documents, N could be
anything depending your app.

*Pranav Prakash*

"temet nosce"

Twitter <http://twitter.com/pranavprakash> | Blog <http://blog.myblive.com> |