Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Per-Erik irt Persson <pe...@irt.kth.se> on 2013/10/14 13:28:50 UTC

dumping specific emails to file

Is there a way to tell spamassassin to "copy/clone" a specific email
that is being scanned to a file?
If a certain email matches rule X, a local copy of it should be placed
somewhere on the mailscan server, no matter the score.

Probably someone has written this plugin to spamassassin earlier, but I
cannot find it and will probably need to write it myself otherwise.

Re: dumping specific emails to file

Posted by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org>.
On Mon, 2013-10-14 at 13:28 +0200, Per-Erik irt Persson wrote:
> Is there a way to tell spamassassin to "copy/clone" a specific email
> that is being scanned to a file?
> If a certain email matches rule X, a local copy of it should be placed
> somewhere on the mailscan server, no matter the score.
>
> Probably someone has written this plugin to spamassassin earlier, but I
> cannot find it and will probably need to write it myself otherwise.

Glue is the answer as has already been said, not plugins.

Here's my solution, which quarantines spam. It should do what you want
if you modify its ham/spam selector to look for specific rule name(s):
http://www.libelle-systems.com/free/spamkiller/spamkiller-1.3.4.tgz

.. and if you want to analyse its operation as part of your daily
logwatch report, add this:
http://www.libelle-systems.com/free/spamscan/spamscan.tgz

Spamkiller was written to work as part of a getmail MDA script, but
there's no reason it can't be used anywhere it can fit in a pipeline
behind spamc.

Martin

Re: dumping specific emails to file

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 10/14/2013 02:51 PM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 14.10.13 13:28, Per-Erik irt Persson wrote:
>> Is there a way to tell spamassassin to "copy/clone" a specific email
>> that is being scanned to a file?
>> If a certain email matches rule X, a local copy of it should be placed
>> somewhere on the mailscan server, no matter the score.
>>
>> Probably someone has written this plugin to spamassassin earlier, but I
>> cannot find it and will probably need to write it myself otherwise.
>
> you should do this in your MTA

or glue....

Re: dumping specific emails to file

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 14.10.13 13:28, Per-Erik irt Persson wrote:
>Is there a way to tell spamassassin to "copy/clone" a specific email
>that is being scanned to a file?
>If a certain email matches rule X, a local copy of it should be placed
>somewhere on the mailscan server, no matter the score.
>
>Probably someone has written this plugin to spamassassin earlier, but I
>cannot find it and will probably need to write it myself otherwise.

you should do this in your MTA
Silvester Stallone: Father of the RISC concept.