Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Upendar <su...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/16 11:30:14 UTC

How to configure Burst filter for rate limiting log traffic with pax logging service in OSGi environment

We have pax logging service configured with servicemix (OSGi) in our
application. We have a use case where we need to rate limit incoming log
traffic to the servicemix.log from different OSGi bundles. After searching,
i could find that BurstFilter provided with log4j core suits the
functionality, but not with ops4j pax logging service 1.6.9 jar and even in
latest 1.8.5 jar. pax logging service have some filters like LevelRange and
LevelMatch filter but not have something related rate limiting traffic.

Could you assist me with your ideas/thoughts on how to achieve rate limiting
filter functionality with OSGi?

Thanks in advance.