Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2006/11/18 10:19:30 UTC

Re: svn commit: r473433 - in /maven/sandbox/maven-artifact-tools/src: main/java/org/apache/maven/shared/artifact/tools/repository/ main/java/org/apache/maven/shared/artifact/tools/resolve/ test/java/org/apache/maven/shared/artifact/tools/resolve/

On 10 Nov 06, at 2:16 PM 10 Nov 06, jdcasey@apache.org wrote:

> Author: jdcasey
> Date: Fri Nov 10 11:16:33 2006
> New Revision: 473433

> Log:
> Updates to support buckminster maven integration.

Cool, what does this entail. Being able to use Buckminster providers
in Maven? Or Maven Artifact stuff in Buckminster?

Jason.

Posted by John Casey <ca...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I did make one abortive attempt to implement this at one point, but I
sort of lost my way and stopped before things got *really* ugly. Since then
I've been waiting until I could see the solution clearly in my mind.

-j

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by John Casey <ca...@gmail.com>.
It surely can be. I didn't want to have an overly aggressive design goal
with this initially; my only motivation was to provide easier access to
maven-artifact*.

What I'd ACTUALLY love to do is create/expand a DAG during the POM walking
that we do via the MavenMetadataSource currently, then go back and attach
the resolved artifacts to the nodes of that DAG when we do the real
resolution. That would give us the ability to reconstruct any subset of the

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by John Casey <ca...@gmail.com>.