Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vernon Wu <ve...@gatewaytech.com> on 2001/11/17 09:57:19 UTC

Two duplicated directories for jsp files

I note recently two duplicated jsp file directories for each application, one under the application directory and the other
under WEB-INF. In my build.xml file, there is only one jsp file directory. The portion of file is the followings:
    <mkdir  dir="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/jsp"/>
    <copy todir="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/jsp">
      <fileset dir="web/jsp"/>
    </copy>
I learn that a jsp file under the application directory is used when a request is issued as a URL on a browser; under the
WEB-INF is used when a request is issued from another jsp file, or the servlet.
I haven?t see any related documentation. Is it what it mean to be, or something I don?t do it right?