Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by arneand <ar...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/16 02:02:48 UTC

Mounting with inheritance?

I have a client that wants a store application, simple enough, list products,
put them in shopping cart and checkout.

But he has great amitions, he wants to be able to have multiple stores, one
for electronics, one for hiking gear, one for workout and fitness and so on,
but he wants everything managble from one admin view, and the stores could
have pretty much the same layout, but with some modifications possible,
change colors, have the fitness part include some workout tips articles etc.

So I figured it'd be cool if it could be hosted on one url, www.company.com,
and have the first part of the url idenfity the store to use, and any
additions be the identifier to where to go in the store, in this way:

www.company.com/fitness -> takes you to the storefront of the finess store
www.company.com/electronics/product -> takes you to a product listing page
for the electronics store
www.company.com/hiking/product/42 -> views product details of product id 42
in the hiking store

I've been looking into the mounting functionality of wicket, and thought it
might be used in combination with wicketstuff-annotations, but I'm not sure
how to proceed.

I've been playing with the idea of having an abstract "StorePage" or so, to
determine what store the user wants to walk around in, and then have the
ProductList and ProductDetail etc pages inherit from this, but I am not
quite sure how or if it would work.

Anyone having a suggestion would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Arne