Posted to user@crunch.apache.org by Everett Anderson <ev...@nuna.com> on 2015/07/22 19:42:59 UTC

Crunch Spark pipeline seems to stall?

Hi,

I have a fairly complex Crunch pipeline with many joins and multiple inputs
and outputs. I've been using the MRPipeline on AWS with EMR/Hadoop
successfully, but was curious to try out the SparkPipeline.

I'm using Crunch 0.12.0 and tried Spark 1.4.0 with 25 core instances.

Spark seemed to successfully run one small part of the pipeline, but then
stalled, showing that all submitted jobs had succeeded, but that only 16
jobs had been submitted. It never terminated, but all the workers seemed
idle.

Has anyone seen something like that before? Is there a configuration
parameter that controls how many jobs Crunch will submit to Spark?

Thanks!

- Everett

--
*DISCLAIMER:* The contents of this email, including any attachments, may
contain information that is confidential, proprietary in nature, protected

Re: Crunch Spark pipeline seems to stall?

Posted by Everett Anderson <ev...@nuna.com>.
Thanks, Josh! I liked the articles and will give the suggestions a shot!

Posted by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Everett,