Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/09 11:57:13 UTC

Is there any method to estimate how many files metadata I can store in name node ?

Hi all,

I'd like to estimate how many files I can store in the my name node
with 8G memory, Is there any estimation method ?

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: Is there any method to estimate how many files metadata I can store in name node ?

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Patrick。

Posted by Patrick Angeles <pa...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Jeff,