Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Kanna Karanam <ka...@microsoft.com> on 2012/08/10 18:25:37 UTC

JDBC Issue (File Handle leak): Unable to drop the table after reading partial data for it.

Hi Gurus,

While I am fixing the JDBC unit test issues on Windows, I observed  that HiveServer is keeping the file handle open until client reads the data completely or closes the connection. Because of this open file handle, client can't drop the same table with in the same connection context after reading  the partial data for the query "select * from table" on windows. Whereas if the output of the query is a temp file generated by MR jobs, then we can delete the file but it increases the open file handles count. (file handle leak)

I am thinking of closing the existing CommandProcessor before executing the new command to close the leaking file handles. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kanna