Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Raquel Pau Fernández <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/18 12:25:17 UTC

formatting & contribution tips

Hi,

I am Raquel Pau, the project leader of Walkmod, an open source tool to
apply code conventions in Java projects. In contrast with other QA tools
like PMD or CheckStyle, Walkmod updates the code to satisfy the project
code conventions.

I am writing to you because I would like to start working on preserving
code conventions in open source projects. My intention is to add features
in Walkmod based on the necessities of  real and important projects and
gain visibility. In fact, I was talking with the Tomee tribe during the
past Devoxx in London about how Walkmod can improve the code quality of
Tomee.

In fact, I would start form the list of contribution tips (
http://tomee.apache.org/dev/contribution-tips.html) to define the project
conventions. For example, to add the @Override annotation where applicable.
So, I would be grateful to know if you like what I propose to do and* how
would you like to receive my changes* (pull request, patch..)? Would you
like to receive all the changes required in the hole codebase or just for
the new commits? My recommendation is to apply it per push because it is
easier to understand the changes.

I have cloned the tomee project and I have discovered that there isn't an
specific formatter config applied to this project. I think that could be a
good idea to recommend one.
What do you think? (At least indentation char and line width)

Thank you in advance for your time,

--
Raquel Pau

*"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the
world**"*

Nelson Mandela