Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Adam Szita <sz...@cloudera.com> on 2016/11/14 20:58:35 UTC

Hadoop 1 support

Hi all,

I can see some recent (since 0.16.0)  commits have broken the build when
hadoopversion=20.
The relevant issues are:

PIG-4916
PIG-4921
PIG-4934
PIG-4957

I'm happy to create a jira and fix it unless .. are we planning to drop
hadoop 1 support in pig 0.17.0 anyway?

Thanks,
Adam

Re: Hadoop 1 support

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.
I was planning to do it, but feel free to take it if you want, I can review.

Thanks,
Daniel

From: Adam Szita <sz...@cloudera.com>>
Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 4:46 AM
To: Koji Noguchi <kn...@yahoo-inc.com>>
Cc: "dev@pig.apache.org<ma...@pig.apache.org>" <de...@pig.apache.org>>, daijy <da...@hortonworks.com>>, Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>>
Subject: Re: Hadoop 1 support

Thanks for pointing out this one, Koji.
Daniel: should I re-assign this to myself or have you done something for this already?

On 14 November 2016 at 22:35, Koji Noguchi <kn...@yahoo-inc.com>> wrote:
"Drop Hadoop 1.x support in Pig 0.17"

Re: Hadoop 1 support

Posted by Adam Szita <sz...@cloudera.com>.