Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com> on 2015/11/20 07:37:25 UTC

[VOTE] Release apache-myriad-0.1.0-incubating (release candidate 3)

Hi All,

Firstly, thanks everyone for the valuable contributions to the project and
for holding on tight as we move along the release process. We're almost
home!

I have created a source tar ball for Apache Myriad 0.1.0-incubating,
release candidate 3. This includes the feedback from the recent IPMC
voting.
Here’s the release notes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYRIAD/Release+Notes

The commit to be voted upon is tagged with "myriad-0.1.0-incubating-rc3"
and is available here:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-myriad.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/myriad-0.1.0-incubating-rc3

The artifacts to be voted upon are located below. Please note that this is
a source release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/myriad/myriad-0.1.0-incubating-rc3/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/smarella.asc

**Please note that the release tar ball does not include the gradlew script
to build. You need to generate one in order to build.**

Please try out the release candidate and vote. The vote is open for a
minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of votes (3 binding +1s)
is reached.

If/when this vote succeeds, I will call for a vote with IPMC seeking
permission to release RC3 as Apache Myriad 0.1.0 (incubating).

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Myriad 0.1.0-incubating
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Santosh

Re: [VOTE] Release apache-myriad-0.1.0-incubating (release candidate 3)

Posted by yuliya Feldman <yu...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)
Checked signature
Downloaded tar.gz
Built from tar.gz
Deployed on a one node cluster
Tested NM/JHS flexup/down
Run M/R job successfully
Tested RM HA
Thanks,Yuliya
Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.
Any guidance on why we can't include the gradlew script?  I took a look at
Apache Kafka and Apache Tapestry, their artifacts both include gradlew,
just not the jar.

Meanwhile I'll check the release ...

Darin

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 4:55 PM, yuliya Feldman <yufeldman@yahoo.com.invalid

Posted by yuliya Feldman <yu...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thank you Santosh
Probably question to Ken:
Just wonder why do we need to download gradle to use it to generate gradlew and then gradlew downloads gradle again?
Thanks,Yuliya
Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.

----------------------

Posted by yuliya Feldman <yu...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Swapnil Daingade <sw...@gmail.com>.
Downloaded rc3 tar.gz
* Verified md5 and sha512 hashes successfully
* Built binaries successfully
* Deployed on 3 node MapR cluster
* Tested NM flexup/flexdown with HA enabled and disabled.
* Tried HA
* Tried Framework Shutdown.

All operations worked as expected.
+1

Regards
Swapnil

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.
The vote for RC3 has concluded and passed. Thanks everyone for verifying
the release and voting.

*binding +1s (3)*

Darin Johnson
Santosh Marella
Swapnil Daingade

*non-binding +1s (2)*

Sarjeet Singh
Yuliya Feldman

I will call for a vote with IPMC to release RC3.

Thanks,
Santosh

Posted by Sarjeet Singh <sa...@maprtech.com>.

Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.