Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Artem Grinshtein <ar...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/27 13:55:56 UTC

generation of vm templates from the database schema

Hi,

The database in my project consists of more than 30
tables. Records in the tables must be updated, added
or removed via web-browser. Torque gives me the
beautiful possibility to generate om and sql from the
database schema. But I have to program vm-templates
and module (actions and screens) to editing of records
in the tables by myself. It does no fun for 30 tables.
I think every web application needs capability of
editing of data in its tables.
It would be beautiful if Torque could generate editing
framework for its tables. I was starting do it. I've 2
question:
-Has somebody already done this?
-Has somebody interest in it?

Regards
Artem Grinshtein
artfh@yahoo.com

Re: generation of vm templates from the database schema

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.
Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz wrote:

> see http://debian.ibnetwork.com.br/~leandro

*UPDATED* , please check it out again !!

--
Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz
IT - Inter Business Tecnologia e Servicos (IB)

Re: generation of vm templates from the database schema

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.

Posted by rmr <ro...@hotmail.com>.
Ditto to that ...

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.

RE: generation of vm templates from the database schema-----More

Posted by fanyun <yu...@vtradex.com>.
Is the database schema support some kind of  "comment"  in field defines.  So that I can put the comment as database structure comment.

Regards

fanyun

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Wagner <wa...@ixtern.de>.

Posted by Huy Do <hu...@tramada.com.au>.
I'm also beginning to work on a generic VM template/Screen
which will allow me to maintain any table in any database
via a web browser. It uses the database meta data.

Has anyone already done this ?
I'll let you know how it's going once it's slightly usable.

Huy