Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by parth rastogi <pa...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/16 15:35:24 UTC

How to contribute to the project

Respected Sir/Ma'am,
I am Parth Rastogi, a computer science undergrad. I have just entered my
second year at Manipal University Jaipur. I am new to open source
contributions but I am well aware of C++, C, Python, and Javascript. I
would love to contribute to Apache Xalan for C++ XSLT Processor project but
could you please tell me how to get started.
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Regards
Parth Rastogi

Re: How to contribute to the project

Posted by Roger Leigh <rl...@codelibre.net>.
Hi,

Do you have any specific work in mind which you intend to undertake?

To contribute code you will need to submit an Apache contributor licensing agreement (CLA), which can be found at https://www.apache.org/licenses/contributor-agreements.html

To make a change, you will need to create a Jira issue (XERCESC project) https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/XALANC/issues/XALANC-785?filter=allopenissues and then implement the change, and submit it by opening a GitHub pull request here: https://github.com/apache/xalan-c.

The Jira project provides a large number of outstanding issues which need addressing.

Do note that this is not a particularly active project and reviewer time is vey limited.

Kind regards,

Roger