Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mark Junker <m....@hm-software.de> on 2006/06/28 15:08:14 UTC

hook scripts sometimes not executed

Hi,

we have the problem that our pre-commit hook sometimes doesn't get
executed. First some info about our repository:

We access our SVN repository with https:// (WebDAV) and the script is
marked as "executable" and is readable by apache/svn.

When we start our apache server, the script get executed whenever a
commit occurs. But after an unspecified amount of time, the script isn't
executed any more. After a restart (or reload) of the apache server, the
script gets executed again.

Any idea where I can find more information about this problem? Any
suggestion how I can solve (or track down) this problem without fiddling
with SVN sources itself?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Mark Junker

Re: hook scripts sometimes not executed

Posted by Mark Junker <m....@hm-software.de>.
Andy Levy schrieb:
> On 6/28/06, Mark Junker <m....@hm-software.de> wrote:
>> When we start our apache server, the script get executed whenever a
>> commit occurs. But after an unspecified amount of time, the script isn't
>> executed any more. After a restart (or reload) of the apache server, the
>> script gets executed again.
>
> Is your experience consistent with this thread from April?
> http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2006-04/0879.shtml

I don't think that this is the same problem because my pre-commit script
doesn't get executed at all. The problem Mr. Henschel had was that the
execution of the scripts produces wrong results/outputs. However, it is
interesting that we also use SuSE Linux (9.3, x86_64). However, the SVN
version we use is 1.3.2 - together with Apache 2.2.2.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.