Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Fabien Coppens <fa...@free.fr> on 2009/11/18 16:16:13 UTC

Maven Embedder thread safety

[REPOSTING WITH A SUBJECT ON THE SUBJECT FIELD, sorry for the repost]

Hi all.
I've already posted the questions below on the Maven users list, but it was
suggested that I post them to the Maven developer's list, so here goes :

I'm using Maven Embedder 3.0-alpha-2 to execute a dependency:resolve goal
on a large number of POM files (several thousand), using a Java batch runtime.
For performance reasons, I use a thread pool (ThreadPoolExecutor) to
parallelize the calls to the embedder's execute method.
However, after a quick look at the code, it seems that the execute method
is not thread safe, is that correct ?

Secondary question : I downloaded both maven-embedder-3.0-alpha-3.jar and
maven-embedder-3.0-alpha-4.jar, and in both jars the org.apache.maven.embedder
API is missing. Any reasons why ?

Fabien