Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Khar <kh...@o2.pl> on 2012/03/20 09:12:12 UTC

FOP 0.95 font problem

Hi all.

We are using fop 0.95 and tomcat 5.5. We are getting an exception:

Failed to resolve font with embed-url
'times.ttf'|org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: Failed to resolve font with
embed-url 'times.ttf'
        at org.apache.fop.util.LogUtil.handleError(LogUtil.java:38)
        at
org.apache.fop.fonts.FontInfoConfigurator.getFontInfo(FontInfoConfigurator.java:212)
        at
org.apache.fop.fonts.FontInfoConfigurator.addFonts(FontInfoConfigurator.java:168)
        at
org.apache.fop.fonts.FontInfoConfigurator.configure(FontInfoConfigurator.java:100)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.PrintRendererConfigurator.buildFontList(PrintRendererConfigurator.java:106)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.PrintRendererConfigurator.setupFontInfo(PrintRendererConfigurator.java:129)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.intermediate.IFUtil.setupFonts(IFUtil.java:165)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.intermediate.IFRenderer.setupFontInfo(IFRenderer.java:181)
        at
org.apache.fop.area.RenderPagesModel.<init>(RenderPagesModel.java:73)
        at
org.apache.fop.area.AreaTreeHandler.setupModel(AreaTreeHandler.java:130)
        at
org.apache.fop.area.AreaTreeHandler.<init>(AreaTreeHandler.java:102)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.RendererFactory.createFOEventHandler(RendererFactory.java:359)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.<init>(FOTreeBuilder.java:105)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.createDefaultHandler(Fop.java:101)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.<init>(Fop.java:79)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactory.newFop(FopFactory.java:271)

Restarting tomcat with clearing work directory helps, but problem comes back
after some time.

This is how we declare this font in our fop.xconf:

  < font metrics-url="times.xml" kerning="yes" embed-url="times.ttf"> ... <
/font>

Font files and fop.xconf are in the same directory.
Did anybody has similar problem?

Re: FOP 0.95 font problem

Posted by Khar <kh...@o2.pl>.
Hi Mehdi,

thank you for the quick answer.

I've read about the things you mentioned. We have <base>.</base> property
set in our fop.xconf.

The issue is that application works fine for some time (days or weeks) and
generates PDFs. And after that time FOP starts to throw exception mentioned
in my first post.

Khar

Re: FOP 0.95 font problem

Posted by mehdi houshmand <me...@gmail.com>.