Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by kishore g <g....@gmail.com> on 2009/12/16 22:03:05 UTC

Hbase store format

Hi,

Whats the current implementation in hbase 0.20.2 for storing data. MapFile,
HFile, TFile.

Also any pointers to links explaining the format will be helpful

thanks,
Kishore G

Re: Hbase store format

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
StoreFile.java:269 is the line where the tie in between HFile and the
rest of HBase happens.

-ryan

RE: Hbase store format

Posted by Wim Van Leuven <wi...@highestpoint.biz>.
Or just add the full article to the wiki? Isn't this terrific article just
core architecture stuff for HBase?

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.
Yes, its very useful. Also the twiki
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/HbaseArchitecture should have a diagram.

Re: Hbase store format

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Oh, this is what I am looking for. The wiki of hbase seems a bit out of
date. Maybe some updates need to do to let new comers like me to know more
about hbase.

Jeff Zhang

RE: Hbase store format

Posted by Wim Van Leuven <wi...@highestpoint.biz>.
I think that'll be your call, St.Ack.

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
WAL is Write Ahead Log - aka redolog, txlog, etc etc.  As HBase does
writes, we persist in the log first, then make changes to memory.

Furthermore, the WAL is for the entire regionserver - multiple
regions, multiple tables.  HFile is one region only.

When we need to flush memtable, we are creating new HFiles for reads
to read against.

Re: Hbase store format

Posted by Zhenyu Zhong <zh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hbase store format